Ok, that sounds bad.. but if you’re wondering what your agent is doing when they aren’t showing you houses or holding open houses at your newly listed home.
- They shop property online: Realtors are just like you! They browse new properties at 2 in the morning on a Saturday night.. but instead of looking at Zillow, or Trulia… they have super special access to a website exclusive to Realtors. Listings come and go fast, so agents check their listing service database constantly or else they’d miss out on something you might love.
- They go out in the world and prospect: There’s nothing like seeing a house in person.. so Realtors spend some time driving around looking for listings! Some homes aren’t on listing sites.. so they hit the streets. Seeing a house in person with your own eyes doesn’t compare to your smart phone screen. So if you Realtor calls you excited about a house she’s standing in front of and “you have to see” GOOOO!!!!!
- They attend classes and marketing meetings: Agents don’t spend all their time looking at homes, for the listing side of their job, Realtors have to keep up to date on the latest marketing strategies and technology.
- They spend A LOT of money on marketing: Realtors don’t get paid til the deal is done. Seller agents spend their own money on marketing your home and getting their own names out there.
- They write offers! & counters, and addendum’s and…: Offers and counteroffers are important for any transaction, they can save you thousands on a deal with a simple counter to the contract.
- They make the sale go smoothly, flattening out all the bumps in the road to your new home: Not every sale goes smoothly, usually there’s something that happens that your Realtor has to fix or negotiate. If you have a good agent, they will shield you from the drama and you probably wont know about any bumps in the road!
- They keep you calm: Good agents don’t just sell assist you in buying and selling a house, sometimes they can be therapists too. People get emotional and an agents job is to keep a positive attitude and come up with solutions.